|Archdiocese of Chennai – Mylapore
|Mission Parish & Education
When the Provincial administration was shifted from Karumathur to Anna Nagar, Chennai in 1996 which falls under the Archdiocese of Madras-Mylapore, we wanted to take up a mission in the same Archdiocese. When the Diocesan administration was approached on this matter, the Claretian Missionaries were requested to look after the Parish at Molasur in Kancheepuram District for one year. The community was named as ‘Claret Anbagam’ in the year 1996. The community was very dynamic in animating the life and mission of the faith community. At the expiry of the one-year period, the people wanted the Claretians to continue there. Since the Provincial administration had already decided to take up ‘Thirininravur’, which would be bifurcated from Pattabiram Parish, the demand of the people could not be accepted, but agreed to continue for one more year as the Archdiocese also requested for the same. In 1998, Thiruninravur was bifurcated and made as a separate Parish with Sevvapet and Veppampet as substations. The community with the same name was also shifted to Thiruninravur. In the beginning, the main station had only 40 catholic families with a small shed used as a Parish Church. It has now 293 Catholic families with a beautiful Church.
Another important ministry of the community is School ministry. The school grows with a concern to sensitize students to the need for harmony and mutual respect between people, religious and communities. The foundation for the new school building was laid on 6th July 2003. Even while the construction was on, the school began to function in the temporary class rooms with minimum students. The school has now grown to the strength of 1756 students as in 2019.